Interested? Next Step
If the idea of having a 60 second procedure to liberate you from being encumbered by glasses or contact lenses appeals to you, you should call Dr. Muller today to schedule a consultation:
On the day of your consultation you will have a complete ophthalmologic examination (an eye exam to make certain your eyes are healthy and normal). In addition, you will have several tests which are specific to the technology of laser vision correction.
You and Dr. Muller will discuss whether you are a candidate for this technology and, if so, which procedure would be best for you. Your discussion will include what you can expect, including the risks, benefits and alternatives to laser vision correction. Every procedure which Dr. Muller performs is completely customized, therefore you and Dr. Muller will have an extensive conversation regarding your options and your goals. Dr. Muller’s intent on understanding your expectations and exceeding them.
If you feel it would be helpful, we are happy to provide you with the names and contact information of people
who have previously had the procedure. You can speak with them privately about their results and personal experience with Dr. Muller, her staff and refractive surgery in general.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING CANDIDACY FOR LASER VISION CORRECTION:
Who is a candidate for laser refractive surgery?
- Persons 18 years of age or older for the treatment of mild nearsightedness
- 21 years of age or older for persons with high degrees of nearsightedness or astigmatism
- Persons with healthy eyes (free from uncontrolled eye disease)
- Persons with stable refractions (eyeglass or contact lens prescriptions not changing more than 0.50 diopter for the year prior to treatment)
- Persons with realistic expectations regarding what this technology can offer
- Persons informed of the potential risks and benefits of laser vision correction as compared to other treatments
Who is not a candidate for laser refractive surgery?
- Persons under 18 years of age
- Persons who have refractions which are continuing to change dramatically
- Persons with active collagen vascular, autoimmune or immune-deficiency diseases
- Women who are pregnant or nursing
- Persons with keratoconus
- Persons taking Accutane or Cordarone
- Persons with a history of Herpes Simplex or Herpes Zoster involving their eyes (not around their mouths or elsewhere on their bodies) which has been active within the past six months
- Persons with unrealistic expectations
Call today (212) 585-3161, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule your appointment. You can also schedule an appointment by clicking the link below